Thursday, October 16, 2014

I Love Yarn Day!!!

In honor of I Love Yarn Day, I am going to post up a free crochet pattern for you! It is for an infinity scarf/cowl and I hope you love it! It's super quick and easy to crochet and can be very versatile if you switch colors and buttons. I made mine a "pumpkin spice" color with brown wooden buttons to pay homage to my absolute favorite season, Fall. I have posted up a matching boot cuff pattern here.




Pumpkin Spice Infinity Scarf

Supplies:
-Size J crochet hook

-1 skein worsted weight yarn (any color you choose, the color in the picture is Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in Burnt Pumpkin)

-2 large buttons

-1 yarn needle for weaving in ends and sewing on buttons

Instructions:
Row 1: Foundation sc 120. If you are not familiar with foundation sc, you can ch 121 and starting in 2nd ch from hook, sc across. You need a total of 120 sc.

Row 2: Ch 1, turn and hdc across.

Row 3: Ch 2, turn and dc in each hdc from previous row.

Row 4: Ch 2, turn. Skip 1st dc in previous row, dc in all the other dc in previous row. 

Row 5: Ch 2, turn. Skip 1st dc in previous row, dc across. Put last dc in top of ch 2 of previous row.

Row 6: Ch 1, turn and hdc in each dc of previous row, and in top of ch 2 from previous row.

Row 7: Ch 1, turn and sc across. 

Repeat rows 2-7 one time. Finish off, leaving a tail for sewing.

Sew top and bottom edge together with a whip stitch. Weave in ends and attach buttons wherever you choose. If you would like more of a natural twist to your scarf, twist your work once or twice before sewing ends together.


Feel free to sell any work you make with this pattern, but do not use my picture and please link back to my pattern. Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment